[squid-users] authentication with novell NDS through LDAP question

From: Matthew Kaminski <matthew.kaminski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:46:38 +1200

I know that this topic was talked about in the mail archives, yet I cant get
it to work the way I want to. Thre reason is being that the all the
documentation i can find is insufficient.
Anyways, to the point.
I run Squid/2.4.STABLE6 on Red Hat Linux 7.2.
I'm trying to get the ldap module to authenticate with Novell LDAP servers
(nw 5.1 sp3).
For example, when I run
"squid_ldap_auth -b o=hwk -u cn ldap_server_adress"
then it works, but only for users in "o=hwk"

as well I have users in "ou=stud,o=hwk", "ou=tchr,o=hwk" and "ou=adm,o=hwk"

so, when i go "squid_ldap_auth -b ou=stud,o=hwk -u cn ldap_server_adress"
then it works too, but only for users in "ou=stud,o=hwk"

The question is is it possible to make squid_ldap_auth to search for users
in those 3 organizational units ? (i dont really need to look for users in
"o=hwk" since only admin accoun is there, but would be handy as well). And
if it is possible then how ? I tried using -s one and -s sub, but this
doesnch change anything, and i dont know exaclt how to use -f option. Help
is greatly appreciated.

P.S. squid linux box has 196 MB of ram, and 3*2GB SCSI Hdd's for cache -
just wondering whether this ram is enough for 6GB caches size or should I
decerase it ?
the cache servers for about 400 workstations and approx 2500 users (but
internet is rarely used here).

Matthew Kaminski
Network Administrator

Howick College