Re: [squid-users] confused about accel

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:49:09 +0200

Bgs himself wrote:

> PS: I don't know whether I'm the only one, but the accel part of squid
> doesn't seem to be documented well enough. Every part of it was clear at
> first glance until know. With accell I had to mess for days :(

You are not the only one. Answered this just a few days ago.

You are welcome to write a better description for Squid-2.5 if you like.

Personally I totally tossed away all the httpd_accel_* directives and their
implementation and made a completely new design for how Squid deals with
addressing in reverse proxying. See http://devel.squid-cache.org/rproxy/
(also covers many other aspects).