Re: [squid-users] Performance tunning !

From: Ling Hwa Hing <hwahing@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 10:48:33 +0800

Hi,
I'm decrease the MTU size for the link to my Client, the squid running
fine. but somehow it can't work with the DNS redirection which going to the
new web address.
I compile my squid with the below configuration.
./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/sbin
--libexecdir=/usr/lib/squid --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc/squid
--enable-snmp --enable-async-io --enable-storeio=diskd,aufs
--enable-removal-policies=heap,lru --enable-cache-digests --enable-wccp
--enable-linux-netfilter --disable-ident-lookups --disable-unlinkd
--disable-truncate --disable-internal-dns

So far I can't manage to get any message from my system.
Thanks,
hwahing

At 10:34 AM 6/25/02 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>If this is a transparent proxy then you are quite likely bitten by Path
>MTU Discovery problems between the Squid server and your clients. Try
>configuring the browser to use the cache. If that helps then you will
>need to take a crash course in path MTU discovery and why most methods
>for transparent redirection of port 80 breaks it to determine how to
>best address it in your network.
>
>Regards
>Henrik
>
>Ling Hwa Hing wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > Me got a box with 1GB of ram and 2 scsi Harddisk.
> > I've tweak the kernel to handle more TCP connection and increase the
> > FD_size for my squid. Currently it just serve for 100 client
> > if I route few more subnet to the box the client unable to receive the
> > content of the web. I can only see the browser status is just "opening
> page"
> >
> > My box looks like more on traffic saturation than transparent proxy.
> > And in the cache manager I can't see ant problem for the client. and there
> > only error message from cache.log are,
> > 2002/06/24 02:44:30| WARNING: Closing client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx connection due
> > to lifetime timeout
> > 2002/06/24 02:44:30| http://www.livescore.com/img/off.gif
> > 2002/06/24 02:44:30| WARNING: Closing client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx connection due
> > to lifetime timeout

Ling Hwa Hing
High Tech ASP Sdn Bhd
Tel: 03-7803 7777
Fax: 03-7805 3111
It's not that life is too short, it's that death is too long.