Re: [squid-users] Strange IE ncsa_auth occurrnece

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:30:27 +0200

Dan Cave wrote:

> the two clients authenticate fine, no problems etc. but the machine with
> the dsl connection refuses to use the external proxy host despite the proxy
> settings in IE5.5 (use proxy server on port 8080), the browser gets the
> websites but doesn't use the proxy server it's been told to use.

IE has quite many copies of the proxy settings at various places. Make sure
all of them are consistent..

  * Lan settings
  * Per connection settings
  * And I think there is another setting somewhere..

When using a mix of dialup and LAN connection I have sometimes found IE to be
confused about what the current connection is..

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized