Re: [squid-users] Cache manager and multi-hosting

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:23:43 +0200

Adam Getchell wrote:

> It seems I need Apache on the same box to view Cache Manager statistics. In
> general, what is the recommended way to setup Squid as an accelerator and
> be able to view statistics using cache manager? (I'd like to start tuning
> Squid, but need to see some stats first.)

You need to run cachemgr.cgi on any web server, and give this web server
access to the manager functions in squid.conf. It does not need to be on the
same server.

I often have a small web server running on the same box displaying
MRGT/rrdtool graphs and access to cachemgr.cgi, but this is just my
preference.

> Second, if I have multiple sites with different IP addresses, is it
> possible to cache both of them separately (say, using different cache
> files) on the same Squid box?

Yes, by running more than one instance of Squid.

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized