Re: [squid-users] ftp not working

From: Snowy <xuefeng18@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 14:06:49 +0800

> Try this:
>
> In your IE config change the following:
>
> -> Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced
>
> Under "browsing" uncheck "Enable folder view for FTP sites".
>
> If this option is checked, IE won't use squid for FTP.
>
> Eric.

Hi,

I have tried to reproduce your problem and found that from IE the FTP
requests got cached without any problem according to access.log file. For a
normal FTP client, I doubt it is capable of converting a FTP request to HTTP
request. There should be some free FTP client softwares out there that are
able to do so.

Regards!

Snowy