RE: [squid-users] Problems with Squid and Intranet server

From: Steve Rochford <Steve.Rochford@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:13:45 +0100

You don't say what version of windows your client machines are using but
assuming that the machines are logging on to a windows nt or 2000 domain
then you can use either policy editor (Windows 95, 98, NT clients) or
group policies (Windows 2000, XP clients) to configure the sites which
the browser should access directly.

You can also do it with a logon script - the following bit of Vbscript
enables the proxy and configures sites to be bypassed.

Steve

Set objWS=wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
strRegPath="HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\"
o=objWS.RegWrite(strRegPath & "ProxyEnable",1,"REG_DWORD")
o=objWS.RegWrite(strRegPath &
"ProxyOverride","www.student.cnwl.ac.uk;<local>","REG_SZ")
o=objWS.RegWrite(strRegPath &
"ProxyServer","http://witproxy:80","REG_SZ")
strRegPath="HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware
Profiles\Current\Software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Internet