Re: [squid-users] multiple copies of object

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 00:50:34 +0200

On Thursday 04 July 2002 17.59, Alan Fa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the IE browser URL location, I type the following two URLs:
>
> http://site_name/ABC/123.pdf
> http://site_name/abc/123.pdf
>
> Both URLs will send to the same location of my web server. Will
> Squid save two copies of the PDF file in the cache?

Yes, the two URLs are different. There is no way Squid can know that
this server is case-insensitive.

> How to let Squid not Match Case for caching?

By using a redirector that folds case on URLs you know for certain to
be case-insensitive.

Note: Larger parts of the web is case sensititive. Only requests for
plain files on Windows servers are not.. (but there is several
applications running on Windows servers that are case sensitive).