[squid-users] Re: benchmarking squid on Linux

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 00:24:40 +0200

There is no reason to care about TIME_WAIT on Linux unless you need to
open more than 500 new outgoing TCP sessions per second over extended
periods of time.. Also true for FIN_WAIT. Linux does a really good
job in dealing with these (even a little too good to be technically
correct, but does not matter in real life).

What you need to care about is the local port range. The default is
way to small on many kernels. See
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range