Re: [squid-users] Auth problem of Squid.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 12:17:53 +0200

On Sunday 07 July 2002 10.33, maillist151@sohu.com wrote:

> Such is the feedback from console when starting
> Squid using "./squid -NCd1". It is correct from
> the console?

Looks fine.

> I have a further question, IMHO, I think I can use hppasswd
> to assign a password to a user. But I can not find the document
> about how to use hppasswd. Where can I find the hppasswd software
> and the document about the usage about hppasswd?

The program name is htpasswd.

Quite extensive documentation is shipped with htpasswd.

htpasswd is shipped with the Apache web server, and there is a number
of separate distributions as well.. (htpasswd is a long-timer that
has been around for ages..). If you have Apache installed then you
most likely have htpasswd installed as well.