[squid-users] An acl problem.

From: <maillist151@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 22:10:02 +0800 (CST)

Hi, pals!

Here are some statements taken from my squid.conf

--------
acl foo proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl bar proxy_auth lisa sarah frank joe
acl daytime time 08:00-17:00
acl all src 0/0
http_access allow bar
http_access allow foo daytime
http_access deny all
--------

I read some manual about the term "REQUIRED" and stilled puzzled
about the function of the term, can you give me an explanation?
( Better give me a example. :-) )

Another question, I am puzzled about the term "foo" here. Is that
a username or something else? I find the meaning of term "bar" is
easy to understand but I can not understand the meaning of "foo".
Is it a group of user or something else? Can you give me an example
to explain the meaning?

Cheers,
Erik