[squid-users] Question about host header,redirects, and virtual hosts

From: Stefan M. Ritter <ritter.s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 08:19:32 +0200

Hi,
I have a question regarding
    httpd_accel_uses_host_header
    redirect_rewrites_host_header
I am using squid in accelerating mode (via 'httpd_accel_host
my_host.domain.com') and want to use
several virtual hosts without using a special redirect-scripts; now I
made some debbuging test with the following configuration:
    there is one real server (calles my_host.domain.com) with two
virtual web servers on it (e.g. www.test1.domain.com, www.test2.domain.com)
    the clients should use www.buy.domain.com and www.pay.domain.com:

First, if I use
   ' httpd_accel_uses_host_header off'
then regardless of the value in 'httpd_accel_uses_host_header' each
request goes to 'my_host.domain.com';
but if I use
    ' httpd_accel_uses_host_header on'
then the value in 'httpd_accel_uses_host_header' seems to be used and
each requests goes to the
virtual host the client specified in his request, that is
www.buy.domain.com and www.pay.domain.com.

So, for me it seems as if I want to use virtual hosts on ONE server, I
have to set
    ' httpd_accel_uses_host_header on'
    ' httpd_accel_uses_host_header on'
But from the description in squid.conf, it seems as if only the last one
should be required.
Is this right or am I misanderstanding the whole story???

Thx in advance,
Stefan