Re: [squid-users] Question about host header,redirects, and virtual hosts

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:30:11 +0200

The easies setup is using no redirector at all..

build your squid with --disable-internal-dns (or use Squid-2.5), and
put the domains in your /etc/hosts file with the IP address of the
real server, and the following in squid.conf:

  httpd_accel_host your.primary.domain
  httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

You need httpd_accel_uses_host_header if you want Squid to understand
virtual domains. If not it will only use what you have in
httpd_accel_host.

redirect_rewrites_host_header affects the host header sent to the
server when there is a redirector in the path rewriting the URL, but
note that Squid caches on the URL after redirection so you need to be
very careful when using this directive in combination with virtual
domains on your real server..