Re: [squid-users] Auth peoblem in Squid 2.6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:33:11 +0200

For a start you should not be using Squid-2.6 in production. If you
want to run at "the bleeding edge" then try Squid-2.5.. but the
changes applies to Squid-2.5 as well.

The auth helpers have moved into the helpers directory, and will be
installed into the libexec directory.

The squid.conf syntax on how to configure authentication differs
greatly from Squid-2.4 or earlier versions. See the description of
the new auth_param directive in squid.conf.default.