Re: [squid-users] winbind authentication, mystical ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 07:20:27 +0200

Yes it is in the same winbind, but it is no longer alpha. winbind with
the needed extensions to support ntlm auth is included in the current
official samba releases (2.2.4 or later).

Yes, you need to install Samba, but you do not really need to enable
any filesharing. Details on the Squid requirements on the Samba
Winbind installation are coming.