Re: [squid-users] Dual Processor

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:43:50 +0200

Squid isn't exacly know for it's high performance these days, but
considering that the basic design of Squid is from ca 1994-95 I think
it does a pretty good job.

Sure, there is plenty of development ideas and plans, but very few
developers to make them a reality.

Browse the squid-dev archives and you will find many interesting
ideas. Unfortunately the there is no archive for squid-dev prior to
1999, but I ensure you that the subject was discussed long before
that..

We all have the goal of writing the "ultimate web proxy" on our
agenta, but it is a rather major task that is hard to do on ones
spare time, so at it is now we mainly improve Squid to do new and
wonderful things, and slowly work on ideas on how the "ultimate web
proxy" should be designed.