Re: [squid-users] Cache.log (getMaxAge)???

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:38:21 +0200

On Monday 15 July 2002 19.15, Gabriel Papassoni wrote:
> Helo All
>
> there's some pages that the squid can't get and in the log files
> don't see nothing except the "getMaxAge:[url_that_I'm
> trying_to_get]" in the Chache.lo file

getMaxAge is part of the request forwarding chain.. it determines the
max staleness of the response your Squid will accept from upstream
caches.

To help you solve the problem we need to know some example URLs where
you are experiencing problems.

And please make sure to read the Squid FAQ, especially so if you are
using Linux-2.4... (there is a lot buggy firewalls out there who
dislikes new TCP/IP functions supported by Linux-2.4 and a few other
OS:es)