Re: [squid-users] redirect program - returning two urls

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:42:33 +0200

On Monday 15 July 2002 18.54, Zé Luís wrote:

> But in determined moments I would need return together one another
> URL with the requested URL. This another URL would be something
> thus: http://localhost/my_url.jsp

I don't get what you mean by "I would need to return together one
another URL with the requested URL", how would this be done? As I
said the user-agent (web browser) only expects one reply containing
the contents of the requested URL (be this the HTML of a web page,
inlined image or whatever)

The solution to your problem lies in how to make the client accept
this "other URL", not how to make Squid fetch it..

There most likely is solutions to your problem, but not in the way you
are approaching it. In response to a HTTP query Squid can only return
a single HTTP response. It need not be the expected response to the
HTTP request sent by the server but it can not be more than one...