Re: [squid-users] Question about PAM installation

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:16:36 +0200

maillist151@sohu.com wrote:
> Hi, pals!
>
> I use the following command to install PAM,
>
> --------
> gcc -o pam_auth pam_auth.c -lpam -ldl
> --------
>
> in dir src/auth_modules/PAM/, and then I copy
> "pam_auth" to dir /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid/.
>
> Is my installation method correct?

In addition to the above you most likely will need to do this:

 * Note that some PAM modules (for example shadow password authentication)
 * requires the program to be installed suid root to gain access to the
 * user password database

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized