Re: [squid-users] Question about PAM configuration

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:20:56 +0200

maillist151@sohu.com wrote:

> in file /etc/pam.conf (I create the file by myself,
> because I find that the file does not exists on
> my Linux system.)
>
> --------
> squid auth required /lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
> squid account required /lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
> --------
>
> Is my configuration method correct?

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on how PAM should be configured on your system.
The details of the PAM configuration differs a lot from system to system.

> I am using Squid-2.4-Stable4, Red Hat Linux 7.1, Kernel
> 2.2.12.

Then the above should work I think, but is not the same as Red Hat is using
for the other services.. and it prefers to have PAM configuration in service
specific files in /etc/pam.d/

For detailed information on how to configure PAM see "The Linux-PAM
Administrators Guide", most likely installed on your system as
/usr/doc/pam-0.??/ps/pam.ps

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized