Re: [squid-users] Alteon + squid

From: Wei Keong <chooweikeong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:39:38 +0800 (Singapore Standard Time)

> cache_peer the.notdotcom.box parent 3128 0 no-query connect-timeout=2
> proxy-only
>
> acl COM dstdomain .com
>
> cache_peer_access the.notdotcom.box deny COM
>
> prefer_direct off

We want the .com box to handle all .com traffic and only forward
the rest to nondotcom box. Shouldn't we use sibling instead of parent?

cache_peer the.notdotcom.box sibling 3128 0 proxy-only no-digest
no-query

Actually, to differentiate .com and !.com, we can also use
cache_peer_domain. To avoid reverse dnslookup, it will be better not to
use dstdomain, right?

Anyway, thanks for the idea... will give serious thought about this.

Rgds,
Wei Keong