Re: [squid-users] FTP with Squid working under OBSD 2.9 not under OBSD3.1, as alway s NAT....

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:24:36 +0200

On Thursday 18 July 2002 14.29, Beukers, W.J. wrote:
> For some reason, I always have trouble getting FTP trough Squid to
> work, or better said having trouble with the NAT statements that
> come with it.

What NAT statements?

Squid is a HTTP proxy, not a FTP proxy. You cannot transparently
redirect FTP session to Squid and seriously think Squid will be able
to deal with them??? FTP is a entirely different protocol from HTTP.

For transparent proxying of FTP you will need a FTP proxy capable of
accepting transparently redirected FTP sessions.