RE: [squid-users] FTP with Squid working under OBSD 2.9 not under OBSD3.1, as alway s NAT....

From: Beukers, W.J. <WBeukers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:39:15 +0200

I know Squid is not a HTTP Proxy :)

All i know is, that on the BSD2.9 box, WITH that statement in the
NAT.rules...i am able to download from FTP sites while IN my IE browser
(click on a url with ftp:// and the download starts....

when i remove that statement on the 2.9 box, i cannot download from ftp urls
in my IE anymore....

If i cannot do FTP like that true Squid, why are there FTP parameters in the
Squid.conf then ?
I dont want to transparently do FTP with squid, i just want FTP urls in
Web-pages to work trough squid....which it does on the 2.9 box and not on
the 3.1 box...the only difference i see, is that NAT statement....and i
recall, when installing squid on the 2.9, that was the statement that made
it possible...

if you say, that i must do nothing with NAT rules...and there are FTP
parameters in squid.conf, please redirect me to a howto or document how it
works with squid, because everytime i upgrade i stumble upon this
problem...(and seen the many FTP questions, i am not the only one i think
:-)

regards
Wiljoh