Re: [squid-users] FTP with Squid working under OBSD 2.9 not under OBSD3.1, as alway s NAT....

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 13:17:17 +0200

On Saturday 20 July 2002 12.39, Beukers, W.J. wrote:

> If i cannot do FTP like that true Squid, why are there FTP
> parameters in the Squid.conf then ?

Because Squid can retreive ftp:// objects by request from a HTTP
client using Squid as a proxy.

> if you say, that i must do nothing with NAT rules...and there are
> FTP parameters in squid.conf, please redirect me to a howto or
> document how it works with squid, because everytime i upgrade i
> stumble upon this problem...(and seen the many FTP questions, i am
> not the only one i think

The ONLY case where FTP is related to Squid is when your browser is
configured to use Squid as a proxy.

Maybe your NAT rule is a standard NAT rule masquerading your clients
as the IP address of the NAT gateway? Haven't looked in detail at
your NAT rule (I am not a BSD person). In any event, generic use of
NAT is not a Squid question.