[squid-users] problem with Customizable Error Messages

From: Joerg Hartmann <j.hartmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:35:43 +0200

Hello ,

in the squid faq (19.10 Customizable Error Messages) i read that i can
customize squid error messages with tags like %H , %I etc.

I like to do that, however without succes till now.
Some of the tags work - some not.
Especialy %H (server hostname) and %I (server IP) are empty.
If i include one of these in the error message the client browser
gets html where the tags are replaced with [unknown host] or [unknown] .

My squid version is : Squid/2.4.STABLE6 on a standard Debian (woody)
system.
The network is all right, all DNS entrys are OK etc. The squid works like
i expected. Only %H and %I dont do what i want.

Does anybody have any advice here ?

regards
                        Joerg
--
Joerg Hartmann
mediadesign akademie Phone: +49 340 253 20 23