Re: [squid-users] Protocol Unreachables????

From: Mark Eanes <Mark.Eanes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:50:28 -0400

WCCP module loaded with no errors.

Looking at whether ipchains on the same box needs to be doing any redirection. Currently, all the rules all flushed until I get communications flowing properly. The FAQs and others listings seem to indicate that squid.conf handles the redirections from the router on httpd_accel_port and handles requests outbound on httpd_port. I'm re-reading FAQs once again to see if I've misunderstood.

Mark

On Thursday 18 July 2002 18.26, Mark Eanes wrote:
> Setting up a linux7.3 running 2.4S6 squid as a transparent proxy.
> Have enabled wccp with Cisco router and, using ethereal, see the
> initial communications for wccp (here i am/i see you/assign bucket)
> with no problem.
>
> However, one the first packet is redirected, the squid box is
> senfing an ICMP Dest Unreach/Protocol Unreach message to the
> router, effectively killing Internet access. Wccp is still talking
> as I see other here i am/i see you messages.

Have you loaded the required WCCP support in your Linux kernel?

Either the ip_wccp module, or a patched GRE module with support for
WCCP is needed. See the Squid FAQ.