[squid-users] Three part question:

From: Stuart Hehn <Stuart.Hehn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:02:54 -0500

Greetings all:

I'm using Squid 2.4 STABLE7, on a Linux 2.4 server here at work. It's
working fine for HTTP,HTTPS, and FTP (through web only, though). I'm
new at Squid, and am having problems with these things:

1. FTP only works through a web browser. If I run an FTP client, and
point it to the Squid box as a proxy, it won't connect to the remote
host, and will error out. Sadly, we have little flexibility on which
FTP client we use, so I have to get this working.

2. We also have some (15 or so) applications that connect via the
Internet, to various external application providers. Currently, on our
old proxy server, we "remap" the port, for example:

origin server name Origin server port Proxy IP Address
        Proxy Port
host.domain.com 11870 <ip address>
  11870

So that any connections to the proxy server on that port, will be routed
externally to the same port, and vice-versa, so the application can
work. Again, I'm a newbie to this, but can any type of ACL be defined
to let this work??

3. SOCKS. We need to allow SOCKS traffic in/out, and I'm not finding
much on this. Any suggestions???

I appreciate everyones help on these issues. Please reply directly to
me at eucsph@compassbnk.com, since I'm going to be out of town for a few
weeks, and off the list during that time.

Stuart Hehn
Compass Bank