Re: [squid-users] zero size reply error from squid

From: Jack <sa_jill@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:55:04 +0530

Hello

If i put squid in front to firewall every thing works fine
If there is blocking of https in firewall then https will not go to squid
box and then to router to internet, but it is working fine
that means there is no blocking in the firewall.

The problem is only i configured wccp in the Cisco 7600 router and put squid
behind the firewall.

Regards
Jack

> check on the firewall if port 443 is opened no only ur
> proxy port, i mean firewall allow squid to use that port or
> not? that is ofcouse in the first schem
> --- Jack <sa_jill@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I have following setup in my locality
> >
> > users--->cisco route 7600
> > --->squid--->firewall--->router--->internet
> >
> > Here squid is working as transparent proxy using wccp.
> >
> > In firewall box i am doing NATing to connect to internet
> >
> > In this setting i am getting most of the site but not the
> > https sites
> >
> > I am getting zero size reply error from squid if i browse
> > https pages
> >
> > If i put squid box after the firewall as
> >
> > users--->cisco router 7600
> > --->firewall---->squid--->router--->internet
> >
> > its working fine for all the sites.
> >
> > Do i need to change anything on squid configuration to
> > work with earlier
> > setup.
> >
> > Regards
> > Jack

> > http://uk.my.yahoo.com
>

> =====
> Regards.
> Walid Nehme
> ICQ:5855336
> MSN:nastylid@hotmail.com
> "The only reason I'm burning my candle at both ends, is because I haven't
figured out how to light the middle yet"