Re: [squid-users] Cache Manager

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:26:58 +0200

Robert Adkins wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This begs a question from me.
>
> What kind of things is one able to manage remotely in regards to the
> cache? I have briefly looked through the User's Guide and haven't seen
> anything that leapt out at me.

 Basically , the instrumental interface to SQUID (cachemgr) offers
 more statistics then management functionality.

> There are a few things that I would like to be able to with Squid. Such
> as, have Squid download several pages from msnbc.com, which a few of the
> managers read throughout the day. Is this something that can be remotely
> controlled from the cache?

 Not really, I think there is a program called 'client' in the
 distribution which may be able to do that.

 Personally I don't think that such actions are very usefull,
 since it may defeat the goal of a webcache (reducing webtraffic).

 M.