[squid-users] About Squid - client browser cache protocol

From: Carl Zen <student1919@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:52:13 -0400

Hi all,

   Can you pl. tell me whether

     1. there is a protocol like ICP or WCCP that can be used by Squid
        to talk to a browser's cache either directly or
        indirectly (through java/javascript) after gaining user's
permission?

     2. I am trying to study about lessening the user percieved latency of a
image ladden web page by pre-pushing into the browser's cache, all the
images found ONLY in that page. I am not trying to do pre-push of all links
or other objects in that page. This method might be very useful for
satellite links, as it will prevent the second and subsequent GETs for the
big images.

Thanks in advance for your time
Carl