[squid-users] Transparent Proxy problem on FreeBSD

From: MASOOD AHMAD <masoodnt10@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 03:35:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hello my dear squid users,
I'm running squid on FreeBSD it's going well but when
i try to configure it as a transparent it's displaying
messages Access Denied.
as I read squid FAQ they are say these things show
below

17.7 The cache is trying to connect to itself...
by Henrik Nordstrom

I think almost everyone who have tried to build a
interception proxy setup have been bitten by this one.

Measures you can take:

Deny Squid from fetching objects from itself (using
ACL lists).
Apply a small patch that prevents Squid from looping
infinitely (available from Henrik's Squid Patches)
Don't run Squid on port 80, and redirect port 80 not
destined for the local machine to Squid (redirection
== ipfilter/ipfw/ipfadm). This avoids the most common
loops.
If you are using ipfilter then you should also use
transproxyd in front of Squid. Squid does not yet know
how to interface to ipfilter (patches are welcome:
squid-bugs@squid-cache.org).

I know I'm facing this problem becasue as I'm doing
transparent proxy with "ipfw" firewall. When i tried
to run my proxy as transparent Squid cache loop
infinitely occured.
I did not find any patch from Henrick site for
preventing loop in Squid2.4STABLE6

any idea?

Regards
Masood Ahmad