Re: [squid-users] Slow connections

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:16:24 -0500

"so I have disabled cache in hopes of speeding up times"

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking, "Huh?" Caching is to speed things
up...why would it make things slower?

Check your cache.log, access.log and cachemgr for clues about where
things are slowing down. DNS is often the culprit when someone in your
situation (i.e. very few users) says "My Squid is slow".

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.