Re: [squid-users] 2.5 Time Shedule...

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:21:56 -0500

As you say, Squid is a free project. It goes STABLE "when it is ready"
(and it is almost always on schedule ;-).

Whether 2.5 is ready for your production environment is up to you to
decide. There are still a few known issues in 2.5 (that's why it isn't
stable), but whether they will impact you is only known to you. Do some
testing in a non-production environment, using it for the same things
your clients do through your production Squid, and then make the
decision for yourself. Let us know how it goes.

I'm running it on a couple of client production machines with mixed
results. It is mostly stable, but has some quirks (which may be due to
bugs in my packaging of it, rather than bugs in Squid...I haven't
figured it out yet).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.