[squid-users] Squid / Firewall-1 question

From: Marius Etsebeth <metsebeth@dont-contact.us>
Date: 30 Jul 2002 12:03:34 +0000

Hi people,

I have configured a single Squid box to authenticate roughly 6500 users
inside a Gauntlet firewall and it works like a charm.

We are however migrating to a new Checkpoint FW-1. The consultant of the
co. installing the Checkpoint told me that I cannot use the cache peer
setting bellow, as it causes problems with the Checkpoint FW. (Strange,
as Gauntlet is quite happy with it.)

(Note: IP address changed to protect the innocent :)

cache_peer 10.0.8.2 parent 80 0 no-query default

Is this true? Will I be able to use a single cache inside the Checkpoint
firewall or would I need a second (parent) server outside the firewall?

And why can't I use this rule?

Any / all help is appreciated (once again).

Marius Etsebeth