RE: [squid-users] Squid / Firewall-1 question

From: Ward, John (GroupWare) <john@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:56:53 +0200

Hi Marius,

Checkpoint fw-1 is a statefull packet inspection device, and as such, will not proxy your connection.
You could however, nat the proxy behind the common external interface of the FW-1 ( internet facing) and then remove the cache_peer rule as the squid
could then directly go and fetch the content instead of it asking the Firewall to proxy it like before. The FW-1 will then be configured to only allow
the squid to access the internet ( and maybe one or two other direct access users).

I also assume that the cache_peer rule was to force the squid to use the gauntlet as the peer proxy ?

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask further questions regarding this.

John