[squid-users] Access for a host

From: Kari Suomela <ftnx@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:06:04 -0500

Wednesday July 31 2002 15:45, Edward Chase wrote to Kari Suomela:

 EC> You can tell it to use IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx when seeing MAC
 EC> address yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy

 EC> This way you can keep the end machines setup as dhcp clients, but
 EC> you
 EC> control their IP addresses. Then you can set special policies on
 EC> them
 EC> if need be.

 EC> Obviously you need to be in charge of the DHCP server in order to
 EC> do
 EC> this.

Maybe my question wasn't clear. I want to enable an external user (a
Sympatico customer) to use my Squid. My servers run on their
dedicated/fixed addresses. I know how to do it, and have it working
fine, when the users have permanent addresses. I have no control over
the users' IP addresses, but do know their hostname and MAC addresses.

There seems to be a way to enable access based on HOSTNAME, but so far
I haven't been able to get it to work.

 KS

   KARICO Business Services
   Toronto, ON Canada