[squid-users] wccp problem on redhat 7.3

From: Chris Debono <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 08:36:44 +0200

Hi

I am now running on redhat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.18-5 and I used the same
ip_gre.c that worked for version 2.4.4 (see attached) I compiled it
successfully and used exactly the same config but for some reason I can
see packets coming in the gre when I type

[root@test squid]# netstat -i -v
Kernel Interface table
Iface MTU Met RX-OK RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR TX-OK TX-ERR TX-DRP TX-OVR Flg
eth0 1500 0 4472 0 0 0 2389 0 0 0 BMRU
gre0 1476 0 1000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ORU
lo 16436 0 10 0 0 0 10 0 0 0 LRU

but no packets are reaching Ipchains. I also tried with IPtables and the
same happened

[root@test squid]# ipchains -L -v

Chain input (policy ACCEPT: 3799 packets, 1221715 bytes):
pkts bytes target prot opt tosa tosx ifname mark outsize source
destination ports
0 0 ACCEPT tcp ------ 0xFF 0x00 any 62.173.5.148 anywhere http -> any
0 0 REDIRECT tcp ------ 0xFF 0x00 any anywhere anywhere any -> http =>
squid
Chain forward (policy ACCEPT: 0 packets, 0 bytes):
Chain output (policy ACCEPT: 2118 packets, 271854 bytes):

As a transparent proxy (if I point the gateway to the squid server it
works fine transparently but not through wccp). Any Ideas why could this
be happening.

Thanks very much and sorry to disturb but I have tried several times to
post in the squid users forum and nobody seems to know why exactly.

Regards

Chris