[squid-users] Fw: Dns queries to to backend servers

From: Madhav Diwan <mdiwan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 11:38:36 -0400

--------------------------
Madhav Diwan
FrontGate Systems
Blackberry

-----Original Message-----
From: Madhav Diwan <mdiwan@wagweb.com>
To: 'squid-users@lists.squid-cache.org' <squid-users@lists.squid-cache.org>; Madhav Diwan <mdiwan@wagweb.com>
Sent: Mon Aug 05 11:38:34 2002
Subject: Dns queries to to backend servers

If I have a squid proxy running in transparent http accelarator mode and serving a backend webserver using its FQDN in the squid.conf file instead of its ip address,
 will I make a dns request to find the address everytime I make a new connection from the squid box? Or will the fact that I have established tcp connections to that name preculde any new dns inquiries?

This question is pertanent to my situation because I want to round robin my backend servers in my internal dns server so that I can load balance the requets that come from my squid servers across several webserver clones
Madhav Diwan
FrontGate Systems
Blackberry