[squid-users] How not to cache local servers

From: Andreas Moroder <andreas.moroder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 15:31:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

we use squid with a cache peer. Now I wnat to configure it the way it does
access directly all local servers.

I tried this by adding the following lines to my squid.conf

cache_peer_domain proxy.provinz.bz.it !se-nord.provinz.bz.it

append_domain .se-nord.provinz.bz.it

This way it should append the domain and then not use the cache_peer,
but it does not work. I allways get a error messages from my cache peer, that
servername.se-nord.provinz.bz.it in not reachable.

What is wrong in my configuration ?
Is there a way to solve this without recompilation ?

Thank you
Andreas Moroder

Dr. Andreas Moroder
Sanitätsbetrieb Brixen - Azienda Sanitaria di Bressanone
   www.sb-brixen.it - www.as-bressanone.it