[squid-users] unable to authenticate with msnt_auth

From: Billy Macdonald <whmac33@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:33:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  I have attempted to configure msnt_auth. I have resolved the dc names in the
/etc/hosts files. It doesn't appear to be querying the DC's at all. any
username/pw combo is granted access. Also on a related note I was trying to
use files with lists of users for authentication but all our usernames have
spaces in them. Will that be possible?

Using 2.5PRE10

Below are relevent settings in squid.conf

auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/msnt_auth
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow password
http_access deny all

--and in msntauth.conf :
server real_pdc_name real_bdc_name real_domain_name