[squid-users] Squid slows down

From: Simon Bryan <sbryan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:37:16 +1000

Hi all,
I am having some troublw with Squid slowing down to the extent that browsers
are timing out. The only thing I have found so far as that when Squid is
started it uses around 12% of Memeory and gradually grows to around 24% over
about an hour. When the system is slow I notice that the STATE of Squid in
TOP switches from R to D whilst at other times it is changing between R and
S. This is an old machine and is slated for replacement very soon, so I am
inclined to leave it alone until it is replaced, however this behaviour is
only recent. I have also installed Dans Guardian recently but the behaviour
pre-dated that, in fact the Memory usage seems to have dropped now that the
filtering acls are no longer being loaded.

RH7.1 and Squid/2.4.STABLE1

Any clues appreciated

Simon Bryan
IT Manager