[squid-users] Wanting help with squid cache?

From: Ravinder Prathavasuria <ravi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:04:07 +0100

Evening.
( i have read the squid faq's)

I am having problem trying to get squid working to talk to my microsoft
proxy.

I have tried using the directive in squid to forward all local requests
into my peer microsoft proxy server.
line from squid.conf

cache_peer bilbo.ranajanatha.net parent 8081 0
http_access deny all

Problem i keep getting is Gateway timeout. I can however connect to
bilbo on port 8081 in my browser and surf ok.

62.49.31.119 - - [08/Aug/2002:19:23:11 +0000] "GET http://www.demon.net/

HTTP/1.0" 407 1391 TCP_DENIED:NONE
62.49.31.119 - - [08/Aug/2002:19:23:17 +0000] "GET http://www.demon.net/

HTTP/1.0" 407 1391 TCP_DENIED:NONE