[squid-users] Cache object question

From: Jairo.Castaņeda <Jairo.Castaneda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:39:41 -0500

Hi all,

My problem:
When the guys who work in the company's Intranet delete, replace and modify
doc/pdf documents the changes are not visible right away because they are
still in the cache so I'd like to tell Squid not to cache that type of
documents or at least I' like to know how long they have to wait until the
object is replaced.

My questions:

How long will an object be stored in the cache? is there any way of
knowing... (I didn't find any related tag )
Is it possible to purge just some type of objects not the whole cache?
Is it possible not to cache some type of documents?

I defined cache_swap_low/high and according to the documentation,
replacement begins when disk usage is above the cache_swap_low tag (in my
case 85 and 90) but this doesn't help with my problem because I don't know
how long an object will be stored.

Thanks for your help.