Re: [squid-users] Fw: Dns queries to to backend servers

From: Madhav Diwan <mdiwan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 23:07:58 -0400

Thank you Brian,

I'll have to consider using that patch.

 To respond to your opinion on the load balancing via round robin dns:
 The roundrobin load balance should work fine even so because
each webserver has a backup that can assume the mac and ip of its
partner that has failed .. this is automated via some bash scripts and
tcp socket checks to verify that the respective website and its server
is running.

Thanks for the tip on the rev-proxy patch though.

setting up cache peers is a bit odd:
if i am running the proxy as a transparent https proxy , which doesnt
cache , does this still need to be done?
I am guessing that the resolver dns name caching does not have anything
to do with the way the proxy's webpage caching works.

i guess i am a bit confused as to how the resolver caching works with
the cache_peers setting. Can anyone give me a brief description?

--
Madhav Diwan