[squid-users] Msntauth

From: <sebastien.rius@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 12:18:18 +0200

Hi,

For some days I have been trying to install and run msntauth module for
Squid 2.4.stable3 on Mdk. But I still can't run it.
I wasn't able to find a solution to my problem either in Squid's FAQ, or in
the mailing list's archive.

My msntauth file looks like that :

#
server Primary Secondary CHPAU
# with right entries in /etc/hosts

denyusers /usr/local/squid/etc/denyusers
allowusers /usr/local/squid/etc/allowusers
#

PDC and BDC can be located by pinging them with the commands "ping Primary"
and "ping Secondary".

However I still get the same result by testing msnt : ERR.
I tried lots of different configurations : with and without deny and allow
files, with one of them and not the other, with empty or filled files...
But always the same result when authenticating : ERR.

To test msnt I use the two following commands :

echo "riuss my_password" | ./msntauth
ERR

./msntauth
riuss my_password
ERR

Here are the /var/log/syslog entries :

#
Aug 9 11:40:14 blinux2 msntauth: Check_fordenychange: Reloading denied
user list.
Aug 9 11:40:14 blinux2 msntauth: Check_forallowchange: Reloading allowed
user list.
Aug 9 11:40:14 blinux2 msntauth: Did not allow access to user 'riuss'.
#

Has anyone a solution to my problem ?

Thanks

--