AW: [squid-users] Auth problem Squid (telnet)

From: <Markus.Rietzler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:09:55 +0200

it doesn't have something to do with squid itself, it's the http-protocoll.
squid sends a special http-header with a auth-line. your client (browser)
will
respond in opening a dialog and asks the user to give username and password
and resend the request including a base64-coded version of "user:password".

this is the squid-answer, when access www.ibm.com and auth is required.

HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required
Server: Squid/2.4.STABLE7