Re: [squid-users] http forward header inclusion

From: Deeptish Dey <deeptish@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:23:26 +0530 (IST)

Dear Henrik,

I have added X-Forwarded-For in httpd.conf and It worked.. thank you very
much.. :),
Please help me in another aspect..

IN access.log of squid, I never get the full url with the values passed,
I mean say the actual URL be

http://xyz.com/getfile.asp?ID=xyz.pdf

and what access.log logs is

http://xyz.com/getfile.asp?

-----So I never get the actual filename which my client accessed through
squid..

Please help on this..

Regards,

Deeptish

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Deeptish Dey wrote:

:)
:)Dear Henrik,
:)
:)Thank you. those tests shows
:)
:)HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR=172.16.0.32
:)
:)Which is what I intend to advertise, and which was on by default by
:)squid.conf,
:)But would you also tell me how to include this information in
:)httpd/access.log .or in some other log file. I am using apache.. so that
:)the server may have this
:)Http_X_forwarded_for information logged. I understand that this is about
:)configuration of httpd.. but please help. If I can log this piece of
:)information... in my http log.. I can tell to those server administrators
:)so that they stop warning us.
:)
:)thanks agains,
:)