[squid-users] SQUID 2.4 stable mishandling socket mapping?????

From: Mort <mort@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:04:56 -0400

My issue:
I've client's talking to servers that work fine without going thru SQUID =
proxy.=20

Client side opens two socket connections thru Squid 2.4 stable to a =
distant server.
We are using HTTP 1.0 messages.

On line one we get streaming data from the server. The second line is =
used by the client to generate data inquiries to the server. Both lines =
are persistent

On first socket the client sends one POST after which the server sends =
continuous chunked data

Second socket, client sends an initial GET using Connection: keep-alive. =

For each GET received by the server, a response of HTTP status 304 and =
Connection: keep-alive is sent as an acknowledgment. The Client will =
only send subsequent GETs after receipt of individual acknowledgements.

PROBLEM:
When I start up a second equivalent client thru same Squid proxy, the =
POST sent on the first socket of this new client appears on second =
socket of the first client and the acknowledgment sent by the server to =
this POST appears on the first socket of this new client.

Its as if squid reassigned the server side second socket
belonging to the first client to the second client ??????

Can anybody 1) understand this and 2) offer an explanation/cure?

AGAIN THIS WORKS FINE WITHOUT THE SQUID IN THE MIDDLE !!!!

Thanks

Mort