[squid-users] IE Hanging After Authentication

From: Gary Barnden <gary@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:51:40 +1000

People

I have a number of hardware devices that can be configured via a web
interface, all these devices
use RFC1918 address space and can only all be seen from one machine on the
network.

I've set squid up on this machine and when i have my proxies set to it I
can login and browse the configuration.
The problem is that i have another squid box that all HTTP requests go
through (not transparent). so I
configured the cache_peer_access directive on the main proxy as follows:-

cache_peer PROXY2 parent 8888 0
acl private_nets dst 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
cache_peer_access PROXY2 allow private_nets

Now when i go to the URL i get prompted for a username and password as
normal, but after entering
that the browser times out. Doing a tcpdump on the main proxy indicates
that the proxy is going direct
to the 172.16.x.x address for authentication. This is not desired :-)

Is there anyway to force our main proxy to forward even the AUTH request to
PROXY2?

Thanks in advance

Gary Barnden