[squid-users] squid & multiple CPUs

From: Jagannathan Rangasamy <hijags@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:49:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

We are running squid 2.3 in Solaris 8. This box has 4
cpus, but I have noted, squid uses just one of the 4
cpus. I have done some research in the archives which
states this is the normal behaviour for squid and
better use of multiple CPUs can only be done by
running multiple instance squid etc. But most of these
references I found were from 2001 or earlier. I am
just trying to find out is there any improvment in the
latest version of squid in its use of multiple CPUs.

Any ideas/info/pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jag